Sunday, May 24, 2009

Everytime you say "it was such a misson" or "we missioned it", I will shoot you in the elbow.

NP: Do or Die - The Flatliners

FLATLINERS! TOMORROW! Woohoo! And Hostage Life too. They're pretty goooood. Gonna be awesome.

Ok, the goal for tonight's entry is to come up with band names at the same time as I talk about nothing. The problem is that I'm running on very few hours of sleep so I'm thinking that things might seem like a good idea right now but they won't in the morning. Almost as if I'm drunk. I'm not.

1. Take Flight

Work is dumb. I mean, it's not the worst (we've discusses this before, I know) but agh. It's frustrating sometimes. It just sucks working long hours. At least it goes by faster than school. Today I worked over an hour and a half more than I'm at school for but it felt like half the time of school. Yup, that's how dull school is. But that lady I can't stand came back today. She's the one who last week made me go back and forth from the ice cream section to the downstairs freezer to get her 8 buckets of Premium French Vanilla, made me get her 8 cartons of Tropicana Grovestand and made me carry stuff up to the front for her. Today she asked if we got a new shipment of bread in. Fucking stupid. Just buy bread from the big bread section. But no, (this is another thing) she always has to get the FRESHEST possible. Like, I can understand if you reach to the back of a shelf to get the item that expires later but this is different. When I got here that Tropican last week, she checked them all to make sure I wasn't trying to screw her over and that they weren't expiring for a long time. Like, jesus lady, I got it from downstairs in the fridge. I don't think they keep expired stuff in the FRESHEST PART OF THE STORE. Oh, so just so everyone knows incase they see her she's short, coloured, always has the same little cart (which she asks me to put her stuff in for her) and both her eyes are lazy. Or something. I don't actually get it. They both look in the opposite direction and neither of them move the slightest bit. But somehow she can see. I never know where to look. I usually look to the middle of her eyes to where her pupils would be if they were normal, but in reality I'm just looking at completely white eye. Hmmmmmm. Yeah, I dunno. Just trying to create a picture like a character profile in writer's craft.

There was this other weird guy today too. He asked for help. I told him I was helping someone else but that I'd be right back to help him. Then I went up to him after and asked him how I could help him. To paint yet another picture, he seemed like he was part of the Italian Mafia but that all he did was wash the cars or some shit, not plan drug deals or kill people or anything. Right, so back to the story. He holds two boxes of garbage bags up to my head, one on either side, and goes "you want to help me?" before pretending to smash my head in with the two boxes and go "AAAAGH!". It was weird man. Then he asked how big the bags in one of the boxes were. So I read out the measurements on the box and was like, "so...I dunno...maybe this (reached out my arms) big?". He goes"...agh....uh...let's call wife. How do I do that?" so I was like "Oh, with a phone...there's a courtesy phone at the front of the store. So I brought him to it. Then he made me dial his home number FOR him.

Point is, it never ends with these people.

2. Fire Away

And Friday...this upcoming Friday...we'll be playing our music. Tis gonna be awesome. I'm trying to work out the order that will flow the best. I think it should end with Utopia just 'cause it's probably our best song. We've been playing "What's that Lassie? You're sick of this bullshit?" 2nd last in practice but I think it belongs mor near the beginning.

(By the way, I'm just using this as a place to sort of think out loud at the moment. So if this bores you, move on to the next band name.)

And we've been doing "Hellfire" as our first song. I'm thinking now it should be the 2nd last. "Lock the Doors Kids and Roll Up the Windows!" sounds like a 2nd song that shouldn't be introduced. Chapter 14 goes well into "What's that Lassie?" and it would be a good change of pace after Lock the Doors. So now the only one that doesn't flow is "(Bonus Song)" but it doesn't really FIT anywhere so I guess it could just go in after there....hmmm....ok so then it would be

a) Action
b) Lock the Doors Kids and Roll Up the Windows!
c) Chapter 14
d) What's that Lassie? You're sick of this bullshit?
e) (Bonus Track)
f) Hellfire
g) Utopia

And then I guess if we still did "The Devil's Takin' Names" it could come before (Bonus Track). Well, phew, glad that's dealt with...

3. The Gamblers

(Keep in mind I haven't checked to see if any of these are actual bands yet).


Life's expensive. I don't think I can afford to go to Montreal again at this point. :( Which saddens me. A lot. I need to go to University at some point though. And at the moment I have $0 saved up after working for a few months. Sure I went to Montreal and I have recording stuff that has allowed me to write songs, a nice new camera and I've got a beautiful new bass named "Boom" so I don't regret anything but...point is. Need money for university.

4. Static Life

5. Thin Ice

6. Static Shock

7. Countdown

8. Bad News

9. Raised Fists (haha...so lame...)

10. Victory!

11. Ghosts

12. Dead Streets

13. The Fireflies

14. Sinking Ship (The Sinking Ships?)

15. Unfinished Business

16. Turnstiles

17. The Regrets

18. Smashed up Radios

19. Thugs with a Conscience (Some of these I at least like as song names so...)

Ok, that's all for tonight.

G'night Y'all!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

well theres a lot to comment on lol.
i liked the fireflys. a lot of the names were really lame ( no offense) and some just sort of sounded like band names that already exsist ( static life, hostage life. etc)
i really think the three of u need to get together for a day and do whatever and hopefully a name will come to you. come up with a shitty temporary name for friday (Mikey plus 2 lol) i dunno. Work is weird, i hate those retarded ppl they make work so frustrating. and i hate that i have to work 8 hours today:( poo.
WE ARE GOING TO MONTREAL AGAIN. put your next 2 paychecks in a seperate savings account called MONTREAL. then from thqat moment on ONLY save for university. that wayu get both:)

Nate said...

work does suck, styll

true

allow it

anyway, yeah that lady was weird, but she didn't get me to do anything weird, but i did have that problem with her eyes, cause when she first talked to me i thought she was looking st someone else, so i ignored her.

band names i like:
1) take flight
2) Static Life
3) Countdown (the countdown?)
4) Turnstiles (i dunno what that even means)
5) Victory! (victory road/ the victory?)

smashed up radios is sorta weird for a band name, and i think we'll regret the name "the regrets"

Nate said...

AHAHA i just looked up what Turnstiles are.... aweosme.